Timbuktu Climate & Temperature
- Timbuktu, Mali is at 16°46'N, 3°1'W, 269 m (883 ft). See map.
- Timbuktu has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Timbuktu is situated in or near the tropical thorn woodland biome.
- The mean temperature is 29.1 degrees Celsius (84.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.5 °C (22.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 208.5 mm (8.2 inches) which is equivalent to 208.5 Litres/m² (5.11 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3439 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Timbuktu you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Timbuktu Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Timbuktu Climate Graph in Metric Units
Timbuktu Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Timbuktu, Mali Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Nema, Mauritania - 453 kms (281.5 miles) W
- Nioro, Mali - 698 kms (433.8 miles) WSW
- Nara, Mali - 489.6 kms (304.2 miles) WSW
- Mopti, Mali - 275.8 kms (171.4 miles) SSW
- Segou, Mali - 503.3 kms (312.7 miles) SW
- San, Mali - 428.7 kms (266.4 miles) SSW
- Bamako, Mali - 707.3 kms (439.5 miles) SW
- Bko-S, Mali - 709.3 kms (440.8 miles) SW
- Koutia, Mali - 554.1 kms (344.3 miles) SSW
- Bougoun, Mali - 766.5 kms (476.3 miles) SW
- Sikasso, Mali - 667.4 kms (414.7 miles) SSW